Friday, January 30, 2009

Tempting Tempeh


Recently,  I was telling Barton how much I love tempeh.  She is generally soy-free but enjoys the occasional coffee spruce-up with some soy milk.  I suggested she try tempeh.  It's easier to digest than other soy products because it's fermented.  And having a bit of soy is really good for women (especially around our "lady time.")

But you don't have to take me word for it, see wikipedia's entry: 

"Like tofu, tempeh is made from soybeans, but tempeh is a whole soybean product with different nutritional characteristics and textural qualities.  Tempeh's fermentation process and its retention of the whole bean give it a higher content of protein, dietary fiber and vitamins compared to tofu, as well as firmer texture and stronger flavor."

I also found this really bitchin' post on I Am Gluten Free with a great recipe for Tempeh Sausage.  Check it out.

Three cheers for tempeh!

Love you, mean it

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment