Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Walking Dead

Okay. I'm sort of a nerd. Scratch that. I'm sort of a super nerd...


I've been reading comic books for about 4 years now. Following a few select titles monthly even. The one that started it all was the Walking Dead. It was a story about zombies before zombies were cool again. I've always been sort of fascinated by the idea of an apocalyptic scenario and I was obsessed with the mini-series based on the novel the Stand. I remember being a kid and sneaking out past bedtime to watch Molly Ringwald and Gary Sinise. I still remember going to the record store to try and find the song Don't Dream it's Over by Crowded House because of that scene. Anyway, the Walking Dead was my adult version of the Stand. A way to start over again. To have nothing and no one and build a new life based on your own rules.

Now they are making an AMC show about the Walking Dead. Needless to say - I'm pretty stoked.

Here is the preview:




Love you, mean it
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment