Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dirty Little Secret


The best blog slash post I've seen in a while comes from dirtylittlestylewhoree:

"'I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT WHENEVER I THINK THAT MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY OR ANYONE ELSE MIGHT THINK MY OUTFITS ARE UNUSUAL OR WEIRD THAT I ALWAYS THINK ABOUT YOU TELLING PEOPLE TO JUST WEAR WHAT THEY LIKE AND THAT'S WHAT I DO.  THANK YOU FOR THAT.  ALSO - YOUR BLOG KICKS MAJOR ASS.'


It's true you know, you can't please everyone and you can't expect everyone to always like your style, because they're not.  Even the top fashion icons of the world get criticized on certain outfit choices but none of that matters.  All that matters is how you feel in your clothes..."  -dirtylittlestylewhoree

I think about that a lot.  Especially when I remember how people teased me for what I wore all the way through freshman year of highschool.  I decided then - in order to fit in - that I wanted to dress "normally" (whatever that meant).  So I started buying clothes from American Eagle and Ambercrombie (ohhh, yes I did).  I realized that the clothes I wore didn't make people like me more - they just found other things to make fun of me for.  No amount of hiding behind logo shirts made me the same as them.  NOW, I embrace every aspect of my differentness.  I wear what I want - even when people look at me and say "Only you could pull that off" (thanks deeners!) and now it makes me smile :-)  Because wearing dresses over jeans is awesome - even if Karl and I are the only ones who think so.









love you mean it

emily

all pictures via dirtylittlestylewhoree

No comments:

Post a Comment