Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Only Magic

Lately, all I've wanted to do is draw.

It's been a passion of mine since I was a wee lass and my mother taped pieces of paper to my high chair.  I haven't been able to stop creating since.

I did the damn thing at 18.  Went to art school - got disenchanted - dropped out - and reinstated myself at a school with a more socially aware slant.  It was hard to get away from being selfish.  Especially when you are a brat in your early 20s.

Many moons passed.

And here I sit, in between the vaudville and the quiet places.  Still drawing.  Doing it for a living and I feel pretty lucky - though it could always pay more ;-)

Today, I found a blog called THE ONLY MAGIC LEFT IS ART.

I agree wholeheartedly.  Here are some of my favorite selections from that blog:








Check out more beautiful lovelies here.

Love you, mean it

Emily

in absolute order are amelianne mary, lora zombie, aela labbe, brandon schaefer, lola magic, charles bukowski, adara and julian bialowas.

No comments:

Post a Comment