Sunday, December 19, 2010

Read my Lim

Probably the most exciting thing to come out of this "PRE" fall nonsense is a peek at Phillip Lim's new collection.  I mean, c'mon, is there going to be a post-fall too?  Anyway:

I was interested in creating interesting profiles,” said Phillip Lim, referring to the subtle proportion play that framed his pre-fall collection. Jackets with extra cuffs spliced midsleeve and silk dresses with gentle folds in the front made for different silhouettes, depending on the angle. It was a layered look that struck a fine balance between structure and softness. A sturdy safari coat was done with cable-knit sleeves, and pants were draped at the waist for a modern, tomboy twist, which was nowhere more evident than on a classic leather jacket with a sprinkle of crystal embroidery on its sleeves." (quoth WWD)

Here are a few of my favorites:




The gray dress (which also comes in camel) is my absolute fav of the collection.  I really want the straps to be movable though - wouldn't that be awesome??  I just really like versatility in garments.  Workable angles, movable parts, multi-functionality.  It's the future of fashion says I.  And you can take that one to the bank!


love you, mean it

emily



photos and info via WWD - the best and the brightest around!

No comments:

Post a Comment