Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thank god its Sunday?

What a week.

Internships in full swing, jobs to juggle, Vegan/Gluten free diet galore, Design Conference to boot, and Money to Burn?


So far so good on the Vegan/GF front. I've had a few slip ups (why I ordered a spicy tuna roll, I cannot explain) but mostly, the transition has been smooth. I very much enjoyed shopping for the week, and even saving some money by being so cautious about not getting hungry and/or not having food with me.

Buckwheat for breakfast has been saving my life!! Its got tons of protein and some fiber to get things moving. Yeah. I said it.

Hummus is also a life saver, but I think we already knew that.

Food being extremely yummy (or salty for lazy people) is beyond important when it comes to being vegan. I was always told this fact, but it has become very clear in the last week. Planning ahead is all but even more important.

Recipes that I'm looking forward to:

From Gluten Free Girl:
Pizza Dough (plus a how to make it)
Emerald City Salad


From Smitten Kitchen:

Mushroom Soup (I'm going to make it with lentils... I hope it works!)




 Love you, mean it.

barton

No comments:

Post a Comment