Sunday, December 27, 2009

New Year's Eve Inspiration

Well, if you're anything like me (you're all clones right?) you're wondering what to wear out on New Year's Eve. Sometimes I'll see a dress and buy it convincing myself that if I find the dress, the party will come. It doesn't always work that way.

This year to gather speed on the trail to find the perfect dress, I looked at photos of some of my favorite icons-of-winters-past. Here are some of my favorites paired with modern interpretations...


Eartha Kitt:

and Rodarte for Target:


$44.99 from select Target stores



Theda Bara:


Sequined Icicle Dress $118 from Nasty Gal Vintage:



Ginger Rogers:


Dress by Once Upon a Time:


$166 available from Far Fetch.



Marianne Faithful (isn't she the prettiest?):


Playsuit by my new favorite etsy shop I'm Your Present:


available on her etsy store for $92



Love you, mean it

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment