Friday, December 11, 2009

Sick Face

I'm sure this happens to everyone but I'm in the sniffling, sneezing, self-indignant phase where it could only happen to me. So I impart you dear friends to indulge me for just a little bit. Getting sick just before your last week of school SUCKS. I blame my boyfriend (who has not been taking his vitamins) who came home a few days ago from work hacking his lungs up. Low and behold, despite my best efforts I woke up yesterday with the same signs of plague (sorry for the plague statement - I've been watching Deadwood).

One of the last times I was sick Barton came over and made me some wonderful tea which you should all know about (if you don't already). I think this is one part my recipe, one part hers, two parts awesome friend love:

Honey, Lemon, Ginger Tea



• 3 lemons juiced (or 4-5 limes)(I used 2 lemons and one really big lime)
• 3 tbsp grated FRESH ginger
• 2-3 tbsp honey (preferably from your local farmers market - local honey is the best at fighting the world's evils)
• 5 cups water

Basically you just juice your lemons (or limes) being sure to grab a bit of pulp too. Grate your ginger. Throw this into a large pot and pour water over it. Bring to a boil and stir in the honey. Slow boil to a simmer and cover. Stir occasionally for 1/2 hour and serve. You can either drink this straight or dilute.

For all you haters out there who are getting huffy: "Ooooh I thought she said she was veeeegan? What's all this talk about honeeey??" Honey, though cruel to bees, is really good for you. Think about it this way: if you only eat organic, wind-pollinated plants, don't you think insects are still killed in the harvest of those crops? I eat honey, it's my choice. Take a moment and decide for yourself.



Love you, mean it

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment