Thursday, April 30, 2009

Realize Your Genius

So I've been making crap as long as I can remember.  I'm not one of those people who can sit and watch tv.  Idle hands they say...  Anyway, my illustrious career as a designer started in 2004 when I started making knitted accessories.  Mostly wrist cuffs and weird bandana-neck things.  I used all kinds of crazy materials from old plastic bags to found mix tapes to a ballet costume.  I've had little hits here and there where people decide they LOVE my pieces.  AND maybe I'm just lazy and don't advertise but I haven't quite hit it big yet (see ad below for etsy).  For the most part I have to wear the crazy things I make.  Or take em apart and do something else with them.

Recently I found these crazy fools called Wear and Tear.  Well it's really just one fool, and she's not a fool at all.  She's a super genius really.  Cheung Lik is basically making what I've been trying to for years:  successful knitted pieces using alternative materials.  See for yourself...







Wear and Tear was established in 2008 by Miss Lik herself.  She graduated from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in Fashion Design. I think her big break came when she took part in the Paris Fair Trade in 2006 which lead to London Fashion Week.  She rules and I sort of love/hate her.

Anyway, you should buy her fabulous wears - I know I will.

Love you, mean it

Emily


inspired by formeforyou

No comments:

Post a Comment