Thursday, April 23, 2009

SPAT on Your Grave

I don't know what it is about old timey accessories that makes my skin tingle.  But I love them.  I love them so much I want to take them behind the middle school and get them pregnant. From hats to gloves to parasols to SPATS.  I love spats.  They disguise any pair of shoes and make them new again.  AND when you get sick of looking like you have boots on you can take them off again!  A must-have accessory for your shoes.  They've been around forever but I was thinking about how cute they would be dressed up over some sandals this spring:  


Showin' a bit of skin but covering the ankle. Here are some recent Spatty fav's.  Let them inspire you to cover up those naughty ankles this spring...



Chanel's Spring 2006 line:





These lovelies are from Ashes and Empires on etsy:



Strumpets a British company brings us the cuter, rock-a-billy side of spats:



My personal favorite are these two ADORABLE girls who created a company called Posso - here is what they spat out:





Honorable mention to Official Tourist (friends of Barton's) who also make spats.  BUT I couldn't find any decent pictures so poo on that.

Love you, mean it

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment