Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And the Winner is....


The CFDA awards were last night.   No, not the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance.   The CFDA I am referring to is the Council of Fashion Designers of America.  Rodarte designers Kate and Laura Mulleavy took home the Womenswear Designer of the Year.  The Menswear award was tied between Band of Outsiders, Calvin Klein Collection and Proenza Schouler.  But who cares, RODARTE.  I actually don't think I've ever NOT liked anything they've ever done.  I know, I know strong words.  But I think, 99% sure, I'm serious.



Rodarte, founded by the aforementioned Mulleavy sisters in the fall of 2005.  Kate and Laura graduated locally from U of C Berkeley.  Since the creation of the label they have won numerous fashion awards and have been praised by the likes of Anna Wintour. [Wikipedia]



“At Rodarte, stiffer fabrics in brocades and metallics are invested with movement and swing, and the house’s favored organzas and chiffons are painstakingly worked to emphasize their fluttering ethereality. A Rodarte gown, therefore, is not only beautiful in the long view of the red carpet but also in circumstances of greater intimacy. The seduction of their craft is in the lightness of their touch” (The Metropolitan Museum of Art).




I recently took a trip to Barney's where I touched my first Rodarte.  It was pretty magical.  Let me tell you.




Love you, mean it

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment