Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Have I Ever Told You?

How much I love Cloak & Dagger? Besides the fact that the designer Brookelynn Starnes is a dear...



















... their clothing represents alot of what I am unhappy with in the current state of fast fashion. "I felt there was a decline in the care of garment construction and the way women dress" (Starnes).

Brookelynn came to New York in '99 to attend the Pratt Institute.  She later went onto work with the amazing line, Libertine where she got the idea for Cloak & Dagger.  She developed in C&D in 2006.

There is SOOO much that I L.O.V.E in her current line that I pretty much have to post a squillion pictures about it:










My favorite piece (please buy it for me dan - pleeeeeeeeeaaaaasssssssseeee?) is her Penelope trench:



Umm, look at the back!?



Hello?! Yeah, classic and amazing without looking dated.  Pretty much her line in a cute lil' nutshell.  The perfect go-to coat for any wardrobe.  I kind of can't live without it.

Besides the fact that I want to single-white-female Brookelynn Starnes for her awesome line & adorable face, she got the BEST name for a clothing line ever.  What am I left with??  "East Bay Turkey Basters," "Better Than Kmart," "SHT Heap NYC??"  Yeahhh, I'll work on those and get back to you.  For now, you can buy Cloak & Dagger locally here:

DISH Clothing
541 Haye St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
Tel: (415) 252-5997



Love you, mean it

Emily


p.s. I'm dedicating this post to my boyfriend, Dan.  Despite the fact that will probably not buy me that trench coat, not because he wouldn't want to but because it's like almost 700 dollars.  But because he brought me my yoga clothing & matte today.  Without my even having to ask.  He rules like 10 universes...

No comments:

Post a Comment