Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mood Music

Edward Droste, a member of my favorite band of the moment, Grizzly Bear, created a playlist for Jeremy Laing's runway show for fashion week this year.

Droste wrote about his experiences on the New York Times blog The Moment.

"It’s no secret that I’m not particularly knowledgeable about fashion — one friend jokes that I have a uniform of plaid shirts and black jeans — so the playlist was really an intuitive process. I chose songs I felt would both fit the feeling of his new collection and also surprise people a little bit. Mixing up late-‘90s R&B one-hit wonders with current favorites like Neon Indian and Washed Out seemed both true to what I’ve been listening to and to what I felt complemented Laing’s recent efforts."

Here is the playlist:
  • Lansing-Dreiden: “Spectrum of Vapor”
  • Washed Out: “Feel It All Around”
  • Broadcast: “Corporeal”
  • Here We Go Magic: “Tunnelvision”
  • Chromatics: “Hands in the Dark”
  • Drake & Lykke Li: “Little Bit” (i heart this song... see below)
  • Micachu & The Shapes: “Golden Phone”
  • Au Revoir Simone: “Another Likely Story (Neon Indian remix)”
  • KP & Envyi: “Shorty Swing My Way”
  • Neon Indian: “Deadbeat Summer”
  • The Russian Futurists: “It’s Over, It’s Nothing”
  • Nivea: “Don’t Mess With My Man”
  • The Shortwave Set: “Is It Any Wonder”
  • Vega: “Kyoto Gardens”
  • Of Montreal: “I Was a Landscape in Your Dream (Grizzly Bear remix)”
  • Ghost Town DJ’s: “My Boo”
  • Telepathe: “So Fine”
  • Toro Y Moi: “Blessa”
Must. find. all. songs. and. make. into. mix.

Some Highlights from Jeremy Laing's Show:



Photos taken by Marcio Madeira for Style.com

I love how these outfits struck my in a similar way that the newest Grizzly Bear album did- unsure I like it at first glance, but showing intricacies and details in lines and layers that are meant to be discovered over time. Those are the albums and clothes that are coveted and treasured for years.

Nice work, boys!

Love you, Mean it.

Barton


No comments:

Post a Comment