Friday, February 13, 2009

FASHION WEEK




New York Fashion Week Begins Today!  I know you guys MUST be starving - Barton & I haven't talked about food all week.  I promise we will fill your bellies soon - pinky swear!

But today is the start of a fashion week.  Albeit a sad fashion week.  A lot of designers are dropping out or lowering their profile.  I'm wondering what to expect?  I'm hoping a lot more designers will start making some discount lines (i.e. Marc by Marc Jacobs or See by Chloë).  Give the common people beauty!  Give us bread but give us roses!  (I will give a WHOLE shiny dollar to the person who names that reference).

My favorite from today is Monique Lhuillier.  "Monique Lhuillier and her husband, Tom Bugbee, founded Monique Lhuillier & Company in 1996 to rave reviews, quickly establishing the label as a leading bridal couturier.  In 1999, the company launched its designer eveningwear collection, which was also met with accolades.  Both the bridal and eveningwear collections are handmade of imported fabrics, hand-beaded laces, exquisite embroideries and the finest silk, satins and chiffons.  The result is feminine, sexy and timeless (New York Magazine)." (I know, I know.  I'm lazy - I didn't write anything myself today).  People seen wearing Lhuillier include Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez and Sharon Stone.

The pictures above are from her Fall 09 show that happened THIS MORNING.  How's that for quick?!  Thanks New York Magazine!  Thanks for giving me things at the speed of light in this fine age of technology instead of waiting for a month until the new Harper's Bizarre comes out!

Love you, mean it

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment