Friday, February 27, 2009

Fashion Zombies



Today I learned two things:

1. I have no original thoughts

2. I don't like the taste of spinach that much

Yesterday my friend & I were talking about how dope it would be if someone had the concept of making a runway show with ladies who look like zombies.  I mean they don't eat food.  And brains can't be THAT many calories.  It'd be poking fun at the model lifestyle & skinny fashion in general.  When Christian Siriano told his models on Project Runway to "not to eat anything" so they stayed thin for his show I almost gagged myself with a spoon (I was eating ice cream).  Screw the skinny culture right?  Up with curves right?  So how hilarious would it be to have zombie models walk down the runway?  Genius I thought.

Well, I was beaten to the punch. By a Japanese artist named Fumie Sasabuchi. Dude totally takes pages from fashion mags and draws over them with pen & ink to make these fabulous ladies look deceased.  Zombified.  I'm totes jel jel.  Here are smattering of my favorite photos:







I dunno. Maybe I'll still do it. Screw you Fumie - you are too fabulous for words!

Love you, mean it

Emily

photos taken from here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment