Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Live Fast Dress Pretty"





I will never be on LastNightsParty.

I hardly ever go out.  Maybe it's a function of getting older but I just don't go out as much as I used to.  Also.  When I do go out, I don't get sloppy (I take that back - MOST of the time I don't get sloppy).  I actually don't even remember the last time I horked from imbibing a little too heavily (I know by saying this I am inevitably damning myself to spew at the next available occasion).

Sometimes I feel like I might be missing something.  Like there is this really good time out there that I'm not having.  But then, I look out the window and it's raining.  And I'm in bed (under the covers with my clothes on) reading a book and I think "Eff that noise!  My life rules!"

But that feeling creeps up every time I look at LastNightsParty.  Merlin Bronques finds the loveliness in our drunken 3am moments (and he writes a pretty damn good blog).  He finds all the beauty of sitting in the middle of traffic in your underwear, falling off of bar stools because you're laughing so hard or crushing on that scruffy DJ with the flannel.  Simply put, I love drunk sluts.  I am one.  A reformed one, but a drunk slut nonetheless.  It's the grandeur of being young and full of cheap beer.  AND there's a photographer.  Check out LastNightsParty the next time you feel compelled to stare at your laptop instead of going out yourself.  Your couch is awesome - don't forget that.

Love you, mean it

Emily

Currently listening to "Kiss the Bottle" by Jawbreaker

No comments:

Post a Comment