Monday, July 20, 2009

Leggy Leggy Leggy

I waffle back and forth about leggings. I'm the kind of girl who likes to wear my pants "dick tight," as my boyfriend lovingly puts it. But I'm not so sure about leggings? What is the protocol? Where is the line between fashion and trashin?

Don't get me wrong. I still wear em. But when I see faux-shionistas prancing about with their garanimals outfit in lacey mid-calf leggings: a little part of me dies inside because I too, am wearing leggings. Isn't there some miss manners etiquette to wearing them?? Am I totally wrong for wearing leggings still?

Anyway, I saw these little wonders and it made me happy that I haven't thrown all my leggings away. There are still some awesome leggings out there. They probably just don't have lace on the bottom...




These cuties are made by Anzevino and Florence and can be found on 80's Purple for about $75 (hence my latest DIY endeavour will probably be to recreate them).

William Anzenvio and Richard Florence, a dichotomy of "Warhol and Thoreau" (azfn), met in 2000 and stumbled into fashion together. Anzenvio resides on the east coast and Florence on the west. This opposition follows their work as they explore fashion, often working with synthetic verses organic. Their shop opened on Hollywood Blvd last December. For those of us not lucky enough to have a personal jet JUST for shopping can buy their clothing here.

Check out some of my personal picks:

Modular Hemp Dress:




Synthetic Memory Fabric Dress:



Women's Vase Jumper:



Ice Cream Dress (previously posted):



All these and more can be found at: 80's Purple.



Love you, mean it

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Not everyone shares my opinions:

    http://www.thatshideous.com/?p=4076

    I thought this was pretty funny. PLUS it's a great site.

    ReplyDelete